By Harry H. Holdorf
The SONO SOAP-BOX is a makeshift electronic stand that will provide me with an opportunity to air my views publicly.
I will be ranting about some issue, usually healthcare related. It will be something that I am passionate about, and I can pretty much rant about my “issue of the day” without interruption.
For clarity, people used to stand on soap boxes to deliver public speeches and debates.
TOPIC: WHY YOUR OLD STUFF IS STILL COOL.
Just because something is old, does not mean it has lost its worth. Here are 5 reasons why Sonographers should hold on to their older machines:
- More mature relationships: you’ve grown old with your old machine. You know it’s good and bad points. It’s your baby.
- You’ve carved out a career with this thing. Can you actually kick it to the curb after it’s given you the best years of it’s life?
- Looks aren’t everything. Sure, that new 2015 model looks sleek and cool, but come on. This old things is still handsome…no?
- There’s nothing wrong with taking a nap every now and then. You can’t crank out 20 cases in a row anymore without the old gal getting a little slow, so give her a rest every now and then and she’ll be just fine.
- You shouldn’t care what others think. A visitor from another hospital gives your old machine the stink eye or starts to giggle? Pay no mind. She’s still YOUR baby.