Essential Study Skills for the Sonographer Student in 12 Easy Steps:
By: Harry H. Holdorf
Module 9: Taking Textbook Notes
This module covers essential strategies for textbook note-taking, such as the Index Card Note-taking System, how to create formal outlines, and The Five R’s of Cornell:
- Record: Write headings and numbered notes in the right column
- Reduce: Write key words and questions in the recall column (left column).
- Recite: Cover the right column. Recite from the left column.
- Reflect: Think about and work with information in new ways.
- Review: Use immediate and ongoing review.