Career Presentation AGENDA
By: Harry H. Holdorf
Upon completion of the TALK, the student will be able to:
- Define Sonography
- List the diagnostic Medical Sonographers’ job description
- Identify at least two areas in which ultrasound regulation is lax
- List the technical standards for the Sonographer
- Identify the different types of ultrasound programs
- Recognize what it takes to become a successful student in a diagnostic medical Sonography program
- List at least three divisions of ultrasound specialties
- Identify obstetrical applications of sonography
- Identify gynecological applications of sonography
- Identify abdominal applications of sonography
- Identify breast applications of sonography
- Complete the KWHL matrix
- K: what you already KNOW about the subject.
- W: what you WANT to learn.
- H: figuring out HOW you can learn more about the topic.
- L: what you LEARN as you read.
Complete and hand-in homework:
What is ultrasound?
Is it useful? Explain.
The top 10 jobs with an Associate in Science Degree
- Dental hygienist
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Respiratory Therapist
- Radiologic Technologist
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Cardiovascular technologist and Technician
- Licensed Nurse
- Surgical Technologist
- Massage Therapist
Q: Will you be wiling to locate to find your job?