Ultrasound Technologist Sample Job Description
By: Harry H. Holdorf
Looking for a rewarding clinical career in healthcare?
Why not a career as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer?
Position Title: Ultrasound Technologist
Position Summary: An Ultrasound Technologist career means being an integral part of a team delivering medically appropriate tests with an emphasis on clinical excellence, all while creating the ultimate customer experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to learn and perform all ultrasound examinations in accordance with the company’s protocols and in a proficient and timely manner
- Flexibility to work variable hours and the ability to take call on a rotation basis
- Manage the registration process of patients and the flow of the examinations. This includes educating all patients on the prudent and recommended usage of diagnostic medical sonography.
- Eager to work in a fast-paced work environment where a passion for helping others, as well as accuracy performing tests, are held at the highest of standards
- Willingness to perform other duties and projects that are requested by Management
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited ultrasound school or formal training program
- ARDMS, RVT or RVS preferred
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to educate and consult patients regarding the diagnostic medical sonography examination.
- Willingness to work and prosper in a team environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Multi-task oriented